Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.
VP, Channel Marketing - Global Macro Hedge Fund
Two Greenwich Plaza Greenwich, CT 06830
VP, Channel Marketing
The Marketing team is responsible for brand management, corporate communications, digital strategy, design and signature events for the firm. Their goal is to raise the firm’ s visibility and obtain and retain clients, using our global communications platform to address all investment strategies, regions and client channels. We seek to deliver the most effective, innovative and scalable ways to express the traits that the firm apart: our close ties to leading academic institutions, investment capabilities, client solutions and industry expertise.
The Marketing team is part of the firm' s Business Development team, a growing group of approximately 170 employees dedicated to excellence in client service.
We are seeking an experienced Channel Marketer who will be responsible for executing marketing strategy from concept through implementation for Institutional, Retail and Retirement
distribution channels. This role requires working closely with business leaders and investment teams to identify and understand strategic marketing opportunities, ensure products are properly positioned within the distribution channel and develop innovative campaigns that drive product visibility, positioning and commercial objectives. Exceptionally strong writing, strategic planning, product positioning, communication, creativity, relationship management and team leadership skills are required along with a demonstrated track record of execution.
- Manage creation and execution of strategic marketing campaigns that actively drive business results and build awareness for the Business Development team.
- Act as consultant and advocate for global marketing communications and branding initiatives across channels. Serve as an ambassador for broader branding projects.
- Develop strong knowledge of the overall investment approach and how it is manifested in the individual strategies we offer.
- Work with Compliance to ensure that the regulatory guidelines are met relating to the marketing of products to different client segments and regions
- Partner with and build consensus among key stakeholders, including management, business development, portfolio management, legal, compliance, IT and marketing colleagues to ensure products are positioned effectively.
- Manage content creation and execution of strategic marketing campaigns, product positioning and PR/Media.
- Analyze product performance, competitiveness and trends in the marketplace to creatively identify strategic opportunities and develop effective, data driven strategies that strengthen products and positioning.
- Identify metrics for success, implement measurement tools, and utilize data to continually refine approach and create maximized effectiveness.
- Further build channel marketing function that competes with the best in the industry.
- Effectively partner with cross-functional teams for the purpose of campaign implementation and coordinate project teams as needed to support other marketing related initiatives.
- Manage a budget in a disciplined and impactful manner.
- Measure the commercial success of marketing efforts as well as calibrate necessary changes to improve impact.
- Ability to drive creative solutions and work with external creative agencies and other vendors.
What You’ ll Bring
- Bachelor’ s degree
- At least 8 years’ experience in marketing with a top asset manager or financial institution.
- Demonstrated track record of developing and executing strategic marketing plans for products across distribution channels.
- Proven skill in managing the client experience across different outlets, including print, digital, events and media.
- Deep understanding of global asset management marketplace and the institutional segment, including clients, products, regulations, competitors, trends and tools.
- Strong analytical ability to develop effective strategies in the most relevant channels and regions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; must be able to build and maintain strong relationships with a variety of internal and external counterparts.
- Exceptional creativity, with an ability to develop concepts and programs that “ cut through the clutter” of the competitive institutional market.
- Ability to negotiate and influence senior stakeholders.
- Ability to assimilate to new experiences, learn quickly and absorb a steep growth curve.
Who You Are
- Committed to client service and producing the highest quality end result.
- Proactive self-starter, resourceful and flexible.
- Presents with professionalism and confidence.
- Polished with a positive demeanor and the ability to build rapport with a variety of stakeholders.
- Able to manage competing priorities. Passionate, creative and flexible to adapt to changing needs and multiple priorities in fast paced, high demand environment. Must have a clear point of view but able to shift in last minute opportunities.
- Ability to keep calm under pressure and solve problems logically and critically.
- Detail oriented with passion for accuracy.