Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.
US Media Relations Manager
1633 Broadway (50th Street), 43rd floor New York, New York 10105
US Media Relations Manager
Our client is a global asset manager with approximately 500B in AUM. They are adding a US Media Relations Manager who will own the function and drive the US media strategy.
Working within an excellent and nimble culture, the US Media Relations Manager will play a critical role in continuing to build the brand in the US market through an engaging earned media program.
This professional will drive US media strategy by identifying and pursuing high-impact, strategic media opportunities across top-tier channels (both traditional and new). In addition, the US Media Relations Manager will support the US Distribution sales strategy with targeted media outreach to promote the firm’ s focused products.
This role requires demonstrated experience implementing successful strategic, proactive integrated communications plans; exceptionally strong written and verbal communications skills; and expertise in cross-functional relationship building.
The US Media Relations Manager will work closely with Communications colleagues globally as well as with local and global leadership, distribution and investment professionals.
• Drive US media strategy and identify and pursue key opportunities across broadcast, print, trade and digital channels that maximize positive coverage and strengthen the brand in the US
• Act as the central point of contact for all media requests and opportunities. Serve as the primary US spokesperson with the media.
• Manage media interviews for spokespeople and support them with messaging counsel and media training, as appropriate
• Develop growing stable of US spokespeople and cultivate new talent to position to the media
• Establish and maintain relationships with key members of the national, financial, trade and broadcast media as well as other key influencers
• Draft and edit media materials such as press releases, fact sheets, Q&As, talking points and key message documents
• Leverage thought leadership and other intellectual capital to develop compelling story ideas for the media. Work with colleagues across functions to promote and in some cases produce content for a media and social media audience. Focus on investment insight in conjunction with the Investment Insights Communications group as well as the US Strategist and other investment professionals.
• Organize and manage media events such as press conferences, webinars and informal receptions
• Keep abreast of news and industry trends as well as marketplace opportunities and challenges
• Knowledge and understanding of the financial markets as well as the financial services industry; experience in the asset management industry a plus
• Proven hands-on media relations experience with top-tier media including broadcast, with a network of established contacts and a record of building relationships of trust and confidence with the media
• Demonstrated track record of developing and implementing successful media relations programs
• Understanding of the media landscape including leading news organizations, social media participants, bloggers and thought leaders; shows a real passion for the news
• Outstanding written and verbal communications skills
Other Skills & Abilities:
• Organizational: Able to organize work, engage in a variety of tasks simultaneously and meet established deadlines; foresees and plans around obstacles
• Effective communicator: Writes and presents effectively; adjusts to fit the audience and the message; strongly gets message across
• Relationship management: Proven ability to build and sustain relationships at all levels of an organization; builds diverse networks; treats everyone as a preferred client
• Relating skills: Interpersonally agile; demonstrates personal flexibility
Education and/or Experience:
• Bachelor’ s Degree
• Minimum of 7 years of experience in Media Relations or Communications field (with knowledge and interest in financial services)