Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.
Sr. Associate, Product Strategy (Fixed Income)
Newark, NJ 07102
Our client manages over a 1 Trillion in AUM and are adding a Senior Associate in Product Strategy to help establish a " best in class" Fixed Income Product Strategy office. The team is looking for a talented and ambitious individual to help design the future product offering.
The Client Advisory Group (CAG) includes Fixed Income’ s sales, relationship management, client service and marketing organization. The team is global with individuals based in the US, Europe, and Asia. Responsible for all client, consultant and prospect activities, including business development, the team works closely with all divisions within Fixed Income.
The Senior Associate in Product Strategy reports directly to the Head of Product Strategy and will play an integral part in establishing a best in class Fixed Income product strategy office contributing to both product design and competitive landscape analysis.
- Monitor, anticipate and assess market, client, competitor and regulatory trends to drive product strategy and identify opportunities for product innovation.
- Define and build the business case for new product strategy initiatives through assembling fact-based arguments and developing compelling presentations to senior management.
- Assist with new product idea generation by conducting primary and secondary research and competitive analyses (e.g., product performance, market positioning, etc.)
- Synthesize analyses and develop effective presentations
- Develop and maintain collaborative partnerships with teams across the organization including the product development team in the mutual fund platform, Investments, Client Advisory, Finance, Legal, Compliance, Operations and Marketing
- Help with product positioning and education of client facing teams
- 3-7 years of experience working for a leading fixed income asset manager, ideally in a product development or product strategy function
- Good understanding of fixed income asset management landscape (understanding of competitor’ s product offering, new product launches, key products per distribution channel)
- Deep technical knowledge of fixed income instruments, products and solutions; both traditional as well as specialty/alternative fixed income (long/short and long only fixed income)
- Knowledge of pooled products (UCITS, QIF, SICAV, FCP, 40 Act funds etc.), their regulations and mechanics (liquidity, pricing, strategy)
- Ability to conduct financial, product portfolio, market and competitive analyses; experience in identifying relevant sources of data and collecting such data from public and private sources
- Good understanding of the regulatory environment, ongoing changes and its impact on the asset management industry / product offering
- Degree in related studies with possible concentrations in Finance, Business Development or Operational Research - Financial Engineering
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) used to clearly present complex business ideas
- Pro-active and results-oriented with the natural ability to multi-task initiatives to timely completion
- Keen attention to detail with a strong analytical background achieving quality results
- Experience using Bloomberg, PowerPoint and Excel