Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.
Senior Associate - Structured Debt Origination (Project Finance)
787 7th Ave Fl 33 New York, New York 10019
Vice President or Senior Associate
Structured Debt Origination
Power, Infrastructure & Project Finance - Latin America
Our client is a global bank with a strong presence in North America. The Structured Debt Origination group is seeking a Senior Associate or Junior Vice President to join their Power, Infrastructure & Project Finance - Latin America team.
As part of the Structured Debt Origination division, Power, Infrastructure & Project Finance (“ PIPF”) provides innovative debt financing solutions to its clients in the power (including renewables), oil & gas midstream and infrastructure sectors. PIPF’ s mission is to be a market leader in the Americas and a solution provider for value-added structured debt advice and transaction execution. PIPF focuses on various transaction types in those sectors, including green-field or brownfield developments, refinancing and acquisitions for single assets or portfolio of assets.
PIPF advises, arranges and/or structures loans or project bonds that are suitable to client activities in sectors as diverse as renewable or thermal power; transmission lines; oil & gas midstream (including pipelines, petrochemical plants and refineries); and infrastructure projects, (including toll roads, mass transportation ports, airports, water-related infrastructure, etc).
PIPF primarily benefits from longstanding involvement and experience in both advisory and arranging, enabling the team to structure complex limited-recourse or other financings through a combination of various funding outlets - such as debt capital markets, commercial banks, multilateral or development agencies, export credit, etc.
As a VP/senior Associate in PIPF Latin America, responsibilities include (co)leading or supporting:
- Execution & origination of project finance deals in Latin America in the Power, Infra & Energy space
- Project and financing documentation & closing process, interfacing with counsels
- Project due diligence liaising with consultants (legal, technical, environmental, insurance, tax, etc)
- Structuring and Advice on best structures and products to achieve the clients’ goals
- Use of the full resources of the Bank to bring to bear the best solutions and structures for the client
- Structuring and closing of bank, project bond, private placement and Term Loan A or B project finance and related structured debt transactions primarily in the Power, Infra and Energy sectors
- Execution of lead arranged (bond or bank) or advisory limited recourse or structured financings
- Work with Coverage, Syndications, Global Markets (debt capital market & derivatives), M&A, etc.
- Marketing to potential clients (pitches, proposals and presentations)
- Execution and supervision of credit approvals and due diligence process
- Ability to perform the above-mentioned tasks and deliverables in both English and Spanish
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Undergraduate degree in related field of study
- Minimum [3-5] years of project or structured finance experience at a major financial institution, corporation or rating agency including credit, modeling, due diligence and documentation.
- Strong credit, financial analysis, quantitative, and modelling skills
- Experience with full credit analysis and preparation of credit application for internal risk approvals
- Sound understanding of financial statements & accounting and financial terminology
- Experience handling complex project financing or corporate accounts
- Ability to work well with multiple teams across product and geographical lines
- Strong communication and presentation skills (verbal & written)
- Attention to detail & organizational skills (including the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and deliver results under tight deadlines)
- Strong ethics & integrity
- Solution-driven, proactive and innovative. Eagerness to learn and take on more responsibilities
- Fluency in both English and Spanish required
- Good cultural and business knowledge of the Latin America and the US
- Energy and/or Infrastructure sector knowledge
- Knowledge of project finance including understanding of key credit parameters & decision metrics
- Formal credit training
- Experience in internal processes and requirements of a leading international financial institutions
- Knowledge of loan & capital markets and project finance credit & legal documentation
- Knowledge of Portuguese
FINRA Registrations Required:
- Series 63 & 79 required