Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.
Quantitative Software Engineer - Multi-Asset Portfolio Management
280 Congress St Boston, Massachusetts 02210
Quantitative Software Engineer – Multi-Asset Portfolio Management
Our client, a global investment management company, is hiring a quantitative software engineer to support it’ s growing multi-asset investment strategy team. Specifically, the individual will directly support one of the team’ s Quantitative Portfolio Managers in each infrastructure development, data sourcing and modeling, and portfolio management duties.
The individual must possess strong object-oriented programming abilities (Python will be used heavily, but it' s favorable to bring real expertise in C++ or Java programming and relevant frameworks), overall strong software design skills, and a commercial focus. Investment management experience is a big plus but is not required.
- Help refine architecture, build out supporting infrastructure, and contribute to rollout of new quantitative models
- Complete complex analytical projects and statistical analyses across securities, asset classes and economic relationships
- Build predictive models using various data sources to build out data-driven investment hypotheses
- Assist with portfolio construction, factors, risk management, and trading analysis
- Create visualizations and dashboard views using various data sets
- Manipulate both structured and unstructured data
- Research macroeconomic themes and factors
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Computer Science, engineering, sciences, or related field
- 3+ years of experience as a software developer supporting rapid paced delivery
- Strong software design skills including object oriented and functional designs
- Strong analytical and communication skills, both written and verbal are required.
- Working knowledge of SQL and SQL performance tuning. Direct experience with Oracle is a plus
- Experience with Amazon Web Services including CloudFormation, Lambda, and EC2 is a strong plus
- Must be comfortable with test driven development, continuous integration, and agile development methodologies
- Experience in Financial Industry or mathematical background is a strong plus
- Curiosity and ability to tackle problems creatively
- Strong work ethic
- Focus on continuous improvement
- Willingness and ability to take risks and try new things
- Strategic mindset
- Self-initiative and ability and interest to learn independently and from peers
- Ability to integrate and synthesize relevant information, and test hypotheses using statistics and modern data science techniques