Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.
Public Finance Analyst
31 West 52nd Street New York, New York 10019
Our client is a global financial firm who continues their growth in the US. They are seeking an analyst for its growing and dynamic Public Finance Origination Department. The team covers all sectors within the municipal finance space such as state and local governments, power and utilities, higher education, housing, healthcare and transportation.
Candidates must have a strong academic record, and experience in Public Finance or Debt Capital Markets experience (RECENT GRADUATES WILL BE CONSIDERED WITH RELEVANT INTERNSHIPS). Must be familiar with bond math and have experience with PowerPoint, Excel and DBC Finance applications.
Day-to-day responsibilities include preparing detailed responses to request for proposals and product pitch materials, providing quantitative and overall transaction support, creating credit models and debt profiles, evaluating debt financing solutions and working with Legal and Compliance to assure the Department’ s fulfillment of its regulatory mandates.
The analyst will work with seasoned public finance bankers and will acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to become a successful municipal bond originator. The Public Finance team interacts frequently with other areas of the Bank, including: Debt Capital Markets, Credit, Municipal Sales, Trading and Underwriting, Market Risk Solutions, and Fixed Income Sales and Trading.
The successful candidate will be a part of the broader Global Debt Capital Markets and Municipal Products business allowing for cross-functional experience and interaction with market participants, including our issuer clients.
- Ensure that each proposed or live transaction receives the appropriate underwriting approvals under the firm' s approved procedures and all related documentation as required to meet or exceed regulatory standards.
- Develop and promote a business model which focuses on strong partnering with officers of the Firm and with relationship bankers to enhance the bank’ s profile and market share of Municipal, Not-for-Profit and Public Finance business in the bank' s defined market.
- Position is fully informed on market data, economic information and key industry developments as well as regulatory standards. Position develops and maintains contacts with market participants, including lawyers, financial advisors and issuing clients.
- Bachelor’ s degree (preferably in Finance or Economics)
- 1-2 years of Public Finance or Debt Capital Markets experience
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills, PowerPoint, Excel and DBC skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication capabilities
- Attention to detail, ability to multi task, and think about creative solutions to problems
- Confidence and comfort when interacting with clients or senior executives