Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.
Market Risk Associate
1315 S Belt Line Road Dallas, TX 75019
Our client is the premier post-trade market infrastructure for the global financial services industry. They automate, centralize, and standardize the processing of financial transactions across the trade lifecycle and mitigates risk for thousands of institutions worldwide.
The firm is adding a Market Risk Associate to their Market and Liquidity (Risk Management) team located in Dallas, Texas.
Business Unit Description
Our Risk Management teams work to protect the safety and soundness of our systems and are responsible for identifying, managing, measuring and mitigating a spectrum of key risk types including credit, market, liquidity, systemic, operational and technology in all existing and new products, activities, processes and systems.
The Market Risk Associate is responsible for the daily monitoring of market risk exposure presented by clients and for the preparation of documentation needed to support systems initiatives.
- Perform day-to-day functions contained in the unit' s procedures such as researching significant increases in margin requirements, tracking trading patterns of member firms, liquidity usage, etc.
- Develop a strong understanding of clients’ business and risk profiles in order to serve as a point of contact for risk related support and inquiries
- Assess existing processes and suggest new ones that most effectively anticipate, manage and reduce risk to the firm and its participants
- Perform research necessary to support analyzing different margining methodologies
- Execute the plan for implementation of new margining methodologies and enhancements of existing methodologies, including preparation of test scripts and testing, preparation of business requirements, progress memos, etc.
- Educate clients on FICC services and Risk initiatives
- Provides support for the preparation of written responses to audit and regulatory reports
- Contributes to supporting the department in adherence to AML/BSA policies and procedures as set-forth by various regulatory bodies
- Aligns risk and control processes into day to day responsibilities to monitor and mitigate risk; escalates appropriately
- 5+ years of related experience minimum
- Bachelor' s degree preferred with Masters or equivalent experience