Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.
Leveraged Finance Investment Banking Associate
31 West 52nd Street New York, NY 10019
Due to rapid expansion in the US, our client, a global Investment Banking, is adding an Associate to their Syndicated and Leveraged Finance team.
At the investment bank, the Syndicated and Leveraged Finance function is an integral part of the full suite of services we offer under Investment Banking. Our Investment Banking professionals provide corporate clients with capital markets and banking advice and transaction execution.
Associates will be exposed to a wide variety of clients, industries, financing structures and products. The Associate will also work in a team environment, honing the credit and investment banking skills necessary to be a successful investment banker today.
The Associate, Leveraged Finance works with deal teams and prepares complex and merger and acquisitions financial models. The Associate is also responsible for preparation of client proposals and presentations.
- Daily responsibilities include: initial transaction due diligence, credit research, comparable debt and enterprise value analysis, existing and new client pitches and presentation, preparation of pre-screens and final credit approvals for new and proposed financing opportunities, ad-hoc projects, client presentations, reviewing and negotiating loan agreement documents, loan closing and funding, and attending customer meetings.
- Works within a deal team under the overall direction of a senior officer.
- Researches and analyzes clients' financial situations, industry and market data, and mergers and acquisition opportunities.
- Values private and public companies.
- Performs complex financial and M&A modeling in Excel.
- Prepares external client proposals and internal underwriting memos.
- Prepares client presentations based upon the above.
- Participates in client negotiations and documentation.
- Oversees the work of junior colleagues to ensure accuracy.
- Establishes an environment that promotes respect for the individual employee and adheres to the policies and guidelines of the Bank.
- 2 - 4 years of Leveraged Finance/Leveraged Capital Markets experience is required
- Undergraduate degree in Business (Accounting or Finance) or Mathematics/Economics; Series 7, 79 and 63