Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.
Investment Analyst, Multi-Asset Team (Fixed Income)
280 Congress St Boston, MA 02210
Investment Analyst - Multi-Asset Team (Fixed Income)
Our client, a global asset management firm, is hiring an investment analyst with specific expertise in fixed income (credit), factor investing, and who has both excellent presentation skills and the desire to be client facing. This role will involve investment research, risk management, and work with institutional clients to design their portfolios.
The Investment Analyst position is a critical part of the Investments and Risk Management team. The primary focus of this group is researching various portfolio management topics and identifying key investment trends and risks across our broad equity, asset allocation, hedge fund and fixed income strategies. The Analyst will be actively involved in ongoing research projects across risk and portfolio management functions. He/she will also be involved with investment risk-related factor research.
The team acts as a broad investment representative for the firm, advises on investment strategy with selected clients, and oversees a growing client list with ~$24 billion in multi-manager and factor portfolios. The group is also actively involved in the firm' s portfolio oversight processes and serves on a number of internal review committees.
The role requires a strong working knowledge of the various asset classes with a specific focus on Fixed Income markets. It would be helpful to have experience in risk analysis gained from experience in institutional investment management, risk management, and/or investment consulting.
The individual should possess the ability to recognize broad investment trends, determine the risk implications beyond the individual portfolio level, and communicate the resulting risks across our various investment platforms.
The successful candidate will establish credibility through technical skill and stature in risk management, by building collaborative working relationships with investment professionals, and through creating a shared vision of the benefits of more risk-aware decision making.
The ideal candidate will have a solid analytical foundation and organizational skills, be motivated by a team environment, and have the ability to learn about new analytical applications and investment products. Experience with risk concepts and database tools are required, with specific skills in Factset, BARRA, RiskMetrics, eVestment is considered a highly desirable. Other key qualifications include:
- Minimum of 5 plus years of experience in factor research, trading, risk management, and/or risk systems
- Strong academic track record; accounting, economics, mathematics or finance major preferred
- Desire to achieve a Master’ s degree and/or CFA
- Programming skills such as Python, Matlab, R, or an object oriented language like C++
- Strong understanding of portfolio construction, derivative processing, risk analytics, and investments
- Thoroughness and attention to detail are essential traits given the importance of communicating correct information to investors and other members of the portfolio management
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, prioritize effectively, meet deadlines and deliver high quality, error-free work in a fast-paced environment
- Capable of taking responsibility for independent projects with limited supervision
- Humility, natural curiosity and an excellent sense of humor
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills