Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.
HR Systems and Data Manager
1345 Ave of the Americas, 48th New York, New York 10105-4300
HR Systems and Data Manager
Our client is an investment management firm that manages approximately $115 billion in assets on behalf of institutional and individual clients. Their investment capabilities include equity, fixed income and multi-asset strategies.
They are looking for an HR Systems and Data Manager. The ideal candidate will have the ability and expertise to manage all HR-related systems and recommend changes to systems and HR processes to improve on system efficiency. In addition, the ideal candidate will have the technical skills and desire to analyze and model HR-related data for payroll, compensation-related and other broader HR initiatives.
The ideal candidate will have a “ can do” attitude who can work both independently and collaboratively with others. The work is both strategic and hands-on and includes both special projects and ongoing responsibilities. This position offers diverse exposure in a fast-paced environment with the opportunity for learning and growth in the Human Resources field.
- Ownership of all HR-related systems and tools including HRIS, benefit enrollment, applicant tracking, deferred compensation, performance management, etc.
- Responsible for data integrity including managing feeds to external benefit vendors, data integration between systems, and data audits
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues with platform providers and vendors
- Collaborate with business partners and HR to support complex business requirements to build out data analytics capability, including:
- Responsible for requirements gathering, documentation, analysis, data validation and user acceptance testing of reports
- Develop, automate, maintain, and deliver weekly, monthly, quarterly, and yearly HR metrics to monitor KPIs and dashboards
- Support day-to-day reporting needs including training, demonstrations, troubleshooting, ad hoc reporting, etc.
- Partner with the HR team to identify and implement controls and validation measures
- Maintain access permission rights to HR systems, folders and data
- Lead system RFPs including:
- Investigating and recommending changes to the systems and data integration processes (including research, cybersecurity reviews, contract negotiations, short- and long-term cost analyses, etc.)
- Implementation processes (including data migration, system testing, establishment and testing of new data feeds and data integration processes, system training of HR team members, managers and employees)
- Compile and analyze HR data to provide decision support to help drive the business in areas such as turnover, recruitment, development, engagement, cost management, and retention
- Partner with Finance on people-related expenses including annual budgets, accruals for deferred compensation, commissions, etc.
- Serve as integral part of semi-monthly payroll processes including: ensuring data integrity and execution of regular data audits, serving as backup to Payroll Manager, quarterly/monthly commission calculations, etc.
- Responsible for developing, maintaining, and posting of new content of intranet site
- Ad hoc reporting and other project support as needed
- Bachelor’ s degree in Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Economics, Business or other related field; Master’ s degree preferred
- 5+ years of experience in a similar HR Analytic, business intelligence, or data mining role
- Mastery in Microsoft Excel required (familiarity with statistical packages, SQL or VBA coding a plus)
- Deep understanding of HR business processes and practices
- Excellent problem-solving abilities and superior analytical skills
- Deep interest and aptitude in data, metrics, analysis and trends
- Strong desire to learn and grow in a fast pace, quickly growing environment
- Superior communications skills, including both written and verbal
- Track record of successfully leading projects in the past. Strong project management skills
- Resourcefulness, a self-starting demeanor, and ability to work autonomously and independently
- Sound judgment – knows when to escalate issues
- Ability to summarize insights and make recommendations
- Ability to manage diverse work streams and multiple, competing deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail with high degree of accuracy