Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.
Fund Accountant - Private Equity
601 Lexington Avenue 26th Floor Suite B New York, New York 10022
Our client is an international financial services company providing specialist services to Private Equity and Real Estate Fund Managers across the globe. They have offices in over 10 international locations working with over 520 funds across over 30 countries.
The client services team is adding a Fund Accountant to their midtown, New York City location. The ideal candidate will have at least a year of generalist experience and interested in pursuing their CPA.
- Accounts preparation to a standard acceptable for first review, adhering to agreed internal deadlines.
- Develop knowledge of designated clients including understanding the key points of LPAs and Fee Agreements
- Calculation and preparation of capital call and distribution notices in accordance with agreed internal deadlines for first review
- Delivering all information accurately and to agreed timeframes
- Initiate payments and amendments to standing data with the data processing team
- Perform weekly bank reconciliations on all designated clients’ bank accounts
- Prepare ad hoc analysis, as requested for review (all requests to be responded to within 24 hours)
- Provide assistance with the annual audit process
- Attend client meetings, where instructed, to build profile with client
- Bachelors degree in accounting
- 2 years generalist accountancy work experience
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Commenced or is ready to commence CPA studies
- A team player with the ability to multi-task and
- Can demonstrate problem solving skills
- Highly motivated, detail orientated individual