Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.
Director, Project Finance - LATAM
787 7th Ave Fl 33 New York, NY 10019
Our client is a global bank with a strong presence in North America. The Structured Debt Origination group is seeking a Director to join their Power, Infrastructure & Project Finance - Latin America team.
As part of the Structured Debt Origination division, Power, Infrastructure & Project Finance (“ PIPF”) provides innovative debt financing solutions to its clients in the power (including renewables), oil & gas midstream and infrastructure sectors.
PIPF focuses on various transaction types in those sectors, including green-field or brownfield developments, refinancing and acquisitions for single assets or portfolio of assets.
PIPF advises, arranges and/or structures loans or project bonds that are suitable to client activities in sectors as diverse as renewable or thermal power; transmission lines; oil & gas midstream (including pipelines, petrochemical plants and refineries); and infrastructure projects, (including toll roads, mass transportation ports, airports, water-related infrastructure, etc).
As a senior Director in PIPF Latin America, responsibilities include leading and/or supervising:
- Origination and execution of energy & infrastructure deals in Latin America including greenfield & acquisition financing or refinancing of assets or portfolio of assets.
- Contribute and build strong client relationships with clients active in the Latam region.
- Structuring and closing of bank, project bond & private placement, Term Loan A or B, multilateral or export credit financings and related structured debt arranging, primarily energy & infra
- Structuring and Advice on best structures and products to achieve the clients’ goals
- Use of the full resources of the Bank to bring to bear the best solutions and structures for the client
- Lead Project and financing documentation & closing, interfacing with counsels
- Lead and supervise the deal team’ s due diligence (liaising with consultants) and credit application process with the support of VPs, Associates and Analyst.
- Lead the preparation and delivery of the rating presentation as well as follow-up on detailed requests from such rating agencies.
- Work with Coverage, Syndications, Global Markets (debt capital market & derivatives), M&A, Leverage, Export and other internal teams.
- Coordinate and lead marketing to potential clients (pitches, proposals and presentations)
- Ability to perform the above-mentioned tasks and deliverables in both English and Spanish
- Lead transversal initiatives (new products, etc.) coordinating with his manager & internal teams
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Undergraduate in related field of study
- Minimum [8-10] years of project finance experience at a major financial institution, corporation or rating agency. Deep knowledge of credit parameters, actors and decision metrics in the field.
- Experience handling complex project financing and corporate accounts, dealing with private companies and/or government entities
- Ability to work well with multiple teams across product and geographical lines
- Experience supervising/leading credit analysis & credit application for internal risk approvals
- Strong credit, financial analysis, quantitative, and modelling background to supervise deal teams
- Strong communication and presentation skills (verbal & written)
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and deliver results under tight deadlines
- Strong ethics & integrity
- Solution-driven, proactive and innovative. Eagerness to learn and take on more responsibilities
- Fluency in both English and Spanish required
- Good cultural and business knowledge of the Latin America and the US
- Knowledge of loan & capital markets and project finance credit & legal documentation
- Experience in internal processes and requirements of a leading international financial institutions
- Knowledge of Portuguese
FINRA Registrations Required:
Series 63 & 79 required