Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.
Director, Human Capital Operations
909 Third Avenue New York, New York 10022
Our client is an established investment manager who is adding a Director of Human Capital Operations to their team in Midtown, New York.
The Director of Human Capital Operations will direct the planning and implementation of all Human Resource programs and initiatives in support of our back office Human Capital business operations which include Benefits Administration, Compensation Administration, HR System and Reporting, Payroll, Year-End Rewards, Performance Management and Health & Wellness programs.
The Director of Human Capital Operations will work across the organization at both a strategic and hands-on level while demonstrating the ability to work collaboratively with all levels and drive a sense of urgency in the execution of policies and programs with a high level of quality output.
The successful candidate will thrive in a dynamic, fast-pasted environment that requires direct hands-on execution and an ability to manage multiple in-flight initiatives. We will look to this individual to introduce and employ approaches and systems that are appropriate to each function and consistent with the firm’ s culture.
Responsibilities will include:
Strategy & Planning:
- Lead HR operational planning to achieve business goals by fostering innovation, prioritizing HR operations initiatives and coordinating the evaluation and management of current and future HR operational initiatives across the organization.
- Lead the development of HC Operations programs and processes while ensuring alignment with business objectives.
- Develops and tracks the annual operating budget for all benefits, compensation, HR systems, and payroll programs that support our staff. Assesses cost/benefit analysis for program spending and recommend program enhancements.
- Assess and communicate areas of risk to ensure we are operating with high values and ethics.
- Develop and maintain an organizational structure that supports the needs of the business, contains appropriate talent levels, is right-sized for each HR Operations function and is positioned to support a high-touch culture.
- Establish team goals, objectives and operating procedures. Ensure team is continually evaluated, developed and trained.
Operational Design & Management:
- Develop end-to-end processes that supports a satisfying experience for all staff in the areas of Onboarding, Performance Management, Compensation, Benefits, HR metrics/analytics and Payroll (both internal and client).
- Further develop and deliver HR analytics and key people metrics to deliver enhanced operating efficiencies across the department and the firm.
- Analyze, develop and execute the annual employee reward cycle and benefit programs. Ensure programs and projects across the firm align with firm strategy and are market-relevant.
- Manage HR systems (Workday and ADP) to ensure streamlined approach to data management and to explore additional efficiencies (Core HCM, Performance Management, Payroll, Benefit vendor feeds, Talent Management, etc.).
- Partner with all HR vendors to ensure effective management and collaboration (including vendor selection, contract administration, service level agreements, etc.).
Leadership & Management:
- Lead day-to-day HR operations while utilizing a team of 5-6 resources to ensure high service levels across Payroll, Benefits Administration, Compensation Administration, HR Systems and Health & Wellness programs.
- Partner with HR Generalists and Business Partners to drive the Year-End Process including Compensation, Benefits Open Enrollment and Performance Management.
- Partner with Internal Finance and Firm Leadership to establish goals, budgets and communicate ongoing status of key HR initiatives.
- Partner with Senior Business Leaders and Executive Management to solicit input on initiatives and build consensus behind a recommended approach.
- Bachelors Degree in the field of Human Resources, Business Administration, Accounting or Finance preferred.
- MBA or Masters Degree a plus, but not required.
- Minimum 10-12 years of experience managing and/or directing operations within Human Resources.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement HR programs and processes. Strong understanding of the end-to-end HR calendar/cycle and interrelationships among various HR sub-domains.
- Proven ability to lead a team of approximately 4-5 professionals consisting of various experience levels and disciplines (Compensation, Benefits, Payroll, etc.). Must have experience developing HR organizational structures and operating models.
- Must be comfortable configuring and maintaining systems to support operations. Hands-on experience with ADP Workforce Now or Workday HCM, Payroll and Time Tracking is highly desirable.
- Experience working in an Accounting or Finance industry needed. Highly prefer experience from a financial services or professional services environment.
- Ability to rapidly learn and develop a superior understanding of the organization’ s goals, objectives, and culture.
- Proven ability to partner with Senior Business Leaders and Executive Management to solicit input on initiatives and build consensus behind a recommended approach.
- Exposure to diverse organizations and environments (entrepreneurial start-ups to large, global firms).
- Exceptional project management and execution abilities.
- Ability to set and manage competing priorities across several functional domains.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to present ideas in business-oriented manner and communicate with leaders who are new to emerging practices in HR.
- Exceptionally self-motivated and driven.
- Must be able to delegate effectively while also be willing to work alongside team members to complete deliverables and meet operational milestones.
- Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities. Keen attention to detail.
- Exceptional service orientation and responsiveness to Firm Leadership and internal/external clients.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with C-suite executives to introduce new ideas, obtain support for initiatives and share ongoing progress updates.