Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.
Digital Content Strategist
280 Congress St Boston, Massachusetts 02210
Digital Content Strategist
Our client is one of the largest investment management firms with approximately $1 trillion in assets under management (AUM). They serve institutional clients and mutual fund sponsors in over 55 countries.
This Digital Content Strategist is a newly created, strategic role in the Global Marketing function. We seek a digital content expert, who has a deep understanding of the role of content in driving engagement across a range of touchpoints (digital and traditional).
The individual will work with our editorial, design & channel strategy teams in applying this knowledge, to enhance our editorial process in support of digital channels, and to elevate prospect and client engagement with our content and offerings.
The individual will provide input into our broader content strategy, define and maintain our SEO strategy and execution, collaborate on marketing campaign strategies, be a key contributor to our analytics and personalization strategies, and contribute to the evolution and execution of our overall digital vision. The individual will have strong knowledge of investment content and the asset management industry.
This role reports to the Manager of Global Digital Solutions, is located in the Boston office, and will collaborate with colleagues in Boston, London, Singapore and Tokyo.
The Global Marketing function includes teams dedicated to content creation (writing/editing/proofreading),, design (digital and print), digital strategy and marketing technology, marketing operations, channel marketing, product marketing, and events.
- Partner with our content strategist in EMEA to lead content strategy and digital content development for our digital and social properties as we continue to expand to include additional offerings, audiences, geographies and languages.
- Develop, maintain, and manage our SEO strategy and incorporate into ongoing and planned marketing campaigns.
- Establish metrics and goals to measure content engagement across all digital touchpoints.
- Develop global and regional strategy for our firm’ s new social media program (currently just a LinkedIn pilot), develop a content strategy and calendar, and oversee/manage the program including assessing effectiveness.
- Evaluate and pilot additional digital content distribution innovations (blogs, podcasts, video, social and messaging apps, 3rd party platforms, etc.)
- Provide leadership to our marketing function as we move towards a “ digital first” editorial strategy and help us evolve our content development and ideation processes.
- Partner with editorial and design teams to develop content; and potentially write digitally oriented content as needed.
- Partner with editorial and marketing teams to develop and maintain a publishing schedule and editorial calendar.
- Ensure consistent messaging across platforms and help integrate content programs with marketing campaigns to drive brand and message awareness.
- Partner and coordinate as needed with legal and compliance.
A successful candidate should have the following qualifications:
- 10+ years of experience in a content strategist and digital marketing role
- Experience creating and measuring effective content for digital platforms
- Experience in financial services and specifically asset management
- Strong knowledge of digital marketing technologies and industry best practices
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Intellectual curiosity; either strong investment knowledge or ability and desire to learn quickly
- Editorial mindset that seeks to understand what audiences consume and how to create and deliver it
- Effective communication skills including interpersonal, verbal and written skills and the ability to avoid jargon
- Flexibility and the ability to partner effectively with others, seek a wider audience, build consensus, influence and act decisively;
- Strong fit with the firm’ s cultural tenets of inclusivity, collaboration, accountability, and collegiality
- Sense of humor and passion for working in a creative and collaborative environment;
- Grace under pressure; ability to adapt, “ roll up sleeves” and get things done