Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.
Compliance Associate - Policies and Procedures
767 5th Ave Fl 49 New York, New York 10153
Our client is an established asset manager with over 20B in AUM. They are hiring a Compliance Associate to join their beautiful, midtown office.
The Compliance Associate is responsible for maintaining, reviewing and creating policies and procedures for the advisers and fund complex. This individual will also be responsible for testing policies and procedures in support of the Chief Compliance Officers Rule 206(4)-7 and 38a-1 annual report.
Additionally, The Compliance Associate will assist in the ongoing risk assessment of the advisers and fund complex with special emphasis on policies and procedures. The Compliance Associate will also have some responsibility for performing portfolio and trade surveillance to ensure that the firm maintains compliance with client guidelines and regulatory requirements.
The Compliance Department is comprised of the Chief Compliance Officer and three compliance professionals. The Compliance Department is primarily responsible for developing and monitoring policies and procedures and establishing a control environment to ensure compliance with federal law and regulations, as well as client guidelines and any other applicable rules.
ESSENTIAL TASKS include the following; other duties may be assigned.
- Ongoing review and maintenance of policies and procedures for the advisers and funds.
- Reviewing policies and procedures with different department and operational groups to ensure polices accurately reflect practice.
- Assist with mutual fund trade restrictions, guidelines, and 1940 Act limitations on Charles River OMS.
- Assist with post-trade and end of day batch investment compliance monitoring activities for client accounts and mutual fund portfolios.
- Research and document exceptions and communicate findings to CCO, Compliance Manager and Fund Administrator.
- Assist with testing in all compliance areas to include, TCA, insider trading surveillance, market manipulation surveillance, compliance with firm policies, etc. Collect, review and organize information to support test results. Suggest new tests to be developed.
- Assist in preparing weekly, monthly and quarterly compliance reports and certifications for assigned accounts.
- Interact on real-time basis with portfolio managers in an active trading environment.
- Assist in answering sub-advised clients’ DDQs, and respond to other compliance inquires.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’ s Degree required.
- 3+ years of experience in a compliance or related function preferred.
- Experience with drafting and evaluating compliance and related policies and procedures.
- Working knowledge of the investment adviser and/or mutual fund industry (i.e., compliance monitoring, fund accounting/administration, risk management, security operations, etc.)
- Knowledge of regulatory environment and some level of specific regulatory requirements for the Financial Services industry.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to handle multiple responsibilities across multiple entities and work independently.
- Ability to interact professionally and effectively with internal and external contacts using tact, discretion and good judgment.
- Ability to manage high volumes of work under tight deadlines while maintaining accuracy and minimizing risk.
- Excellent analytical and research skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office required.
- Ability to work in team oriented environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and organize workload, multi-task and adapt quickly to change, and deliver under the pressure of deadlines.